Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trotting and Cantering Awesomeness

I am tired, it is late, and I have to get up early tomorrow. I just wanted to say how awesome Amber was in our lesson this evening - at least with trotting and cantering. We found a nice slow trotting speed that I could probably ride all day (if I didn't have to post to it). And even better, I learned how to get her to canter on the left lead again. We also learned that Amber does not do bounce jumps, even baby ones. So that means more galloping up hills to strengthen the butt muscles. Yay!

I am on the market to purchase a saddle but am in no rush. I can use Jean's as long as I need to. Depending on the brand I need a 16.5-17" seat with a medium-narrow gullet. I also need forward flaps so my knees don't poke out over the edge of the flaps. Apparently Amber is not the only one with long legs! Ben was nice enough to let me try out his Bates. It was a little big in the seat so I felt like I was going to fall out of it. But otherwise a great fit for Amber.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post. It will probably be titled with one of the following "pizza and beer","I fell off my horse" or "crazy out-of-control thoroughbred." :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment