Monday, July 26, 2010

Contrast



I thought about switching from English to Western. I went to a rodeo Saturday evening to cheer on Jean, Fareed and others from the farm. Barrel racing and pole bending are so much fun and they are all about speed not form! Amber definitely has speed but probably not the same acceleration as horses that compete in western events. And she doesn't quite have the ability to bend around barrels without knocking them over.

However about 10 hours later I was at a show in Quentin, PA to cheer on Julie and Rosie in their hunter show. And then I remembered how much I love English riding and going to shows. So I'm still an English girl although I will still continue to envy the adrenaline rush of western competition.

Amber was an absolute star when I rode her this evening. We struggled a bit with the left lead at the canter but finally got it in the end. I can't wait until our next competition!

Photos: Jean on Cisco, Julie and Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment