Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Teddy and Amber


Back in the saddle! Ok it's only been 16 days (forever). I did commit myself to "taking it easy" since the doctor told me to wait another two weeks. Whatever.

I took Amber out on a trail ride with some of the people in our group. We started out with four and it only ended up being 2 of us that went into the woods. I thought she did very well. A little impatient when we started out but that is typical thoroughbred and something I'm not sure will ever be fully trained out. Carol, Ben and Jean were nice enough to keep working with her while I was out of commission.

The Red Mare is definitely in heat. When we got back to the barn, her herd lover, Teddy, was not too patiently standing at the gate. In the past Teddy and Amber have gone to shows together and if they can't see each other, they will whinny almost incessantly. But this is the first time that I've seen Teddy leave the herd way out in the pasture to come find his girlfriend! When I turned Amber out, she made it very clear to Teddy what she thought was going down tonight but I'm not sure he quite agreed. Anyways, I'm sure it will be settled later since they walked back to the herd as a couple.

Photo (left to right): Teddy, Moonlight, Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment