Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fat N' Sassy



Went out to visit the horses for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Didn't ride because I'm not quite up to that level yet - although I definitely want to! Used a new uber-soft thoroughbred friendly brush. Not sure if she was impressed but she really seems to enjoy being groomed now and is less impatient about being turned back out with her buddies. All the treats she gets while she's in the barn with me probably help. It was only about two weeks ago when I got her to eat chopped up baby carrots out of my hand. Her teeth are kind of like those of a kid who grew up without braces but desperately needed them. So chewing big crunchy things like apples and carrots is uncomfortable. Fortunately, moistening her feed has worked very well. And as the picture shows, she's definitely fat and sassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment